Thirteen years and 2 billion monthly active users later, Facebook has positioned itself as the absolute behemoth of social networks. Over the last decade, Facebook habitually introduced features that kept bringing us back to share our lives and connect with our friends through photos, videos, groups, games and more. And now the time has come for you to spice up your newsfeed with some magical living photos! Learn how to share your cinemagraphs on Facebook with 3 simple steps.
Follow this quick tutorial to help you get started and share cinemagraphs to step up your Facebook game!
Sharing Cinemagraphs to Facebook from a desktop:
- Create a cinemagraph using Flixel Cinemagraph Pro for macOS.
- Click on Export and select MP4 and set the desired length for the cinemagraph, and save. Tip: Make sure your cinemagraph is under 30 seconds so that it auto-plays and auto-loops on Facebook!
- Open Facebook and click ‘Share a photo video’ and share your cinemagraph.
Sharing Cinemagraphs to Facebook from an iPhonen or iPad:
- Create a cinemagraph using Flixel CInemagraph for iOS.
- Tap ‘Export’ and choose ‘Facebook’ under repetitions and save it to the camera roll.
- Open the Facebook app, tap ‘Photo’ under the status bar and select the saved cinemagraph to post.
Using Cinemagraphs for Facebook Profile and Cover Videos
Last year Facebook introduced Profile Videos at the F8 Developer Conference and partnered with Flixel on their Profile Expression Kit along with Vine, Boomerang and MSQRD. With the ability to export free profile cinemagraphs from Flixel Cinemagraph Pro for iOS, we saw users create and share fun living photos that brought their Facebook profiles to life!
Earlier this year Facebook also rolled out looping cover videos for Facebook business pages, which is perfect because cinemagraphs are pretty much made for cover videos.
Let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Happy cinemagraph-ing!