Instagram is a great platform to showcase your Flixel cinemagraphs. With the emphasis on photography and videography, cinemagrahs are the perfect fit for Instagram. The ability to upload videos that auto-loop and auto-play means that your cinemagraphs will live infinitely on your feed while vertical cinemagraphs can easily be shared in your Instagram Stories.
Learn how to post your cinemagraphs to your feed and to Instagram in a few short steps.
How to Post Cinemagraphs to Your Instagram
- Create your cinemagraph with Cinemagraph Pro. Loop, crop, and export your cinemagraph as an .MP4. Aim for around 15 seconds or less during export. If your cinemagraphs was 3 seconds long you would select a 5x loop.
- If you’re using Cinemagraph Pro for macOS, Airdrop your .MP4 to your iOS device, or use another file transfer software such as Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud or iCloud.
- Open Instagram and select your cinemagraph video.
- Upload and share with your followers!
How to Post Cinemagraphs to Your Instagram Stories
1. Loop and export your cinemagraph as an .MP4. Aim for around 10 seconds or less during export. The shorter your cinemagraph, the more times it can loop within that 10 second frame (for example, 3sec = looped 3x).
2. Airdrop your .MP4 to your iOS device, or use another file transfer software such as Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud or iCloud.
3. Open Instagram and tap the plus sign in the top left corner of your Instagram home screen.
3. Swipe downwards from the top of your screen to see a selection of recently added media to your phone. Select your cinemagraph.
4. Add text, emojis and filters to make your cinemagraph even more personalized, then tap on the checkmark at the bottom to add it to your Instagram Stories and mesmerize all of your followers!
Let us know if this tutorial helped you. Now share away and wait for the amazed responses!