Over the past 3 years, Snapchat has changed the way we share experiences with friends and family through fun and exciting photos and videos. These short snaps shine a light into our daily lives and tend to be more authentic and real than posts we would naturally share on other social networks. With this shift towards micro-videos, we have all learned to effectively share a visual story in under 10 seconds, which is pretty mind-boggling! We’re all storytellers, after all ― it’s just a part of our human nature. Snapchat is continuously inventing new and fun ways for people to use their platform. With the introduction of geo-filters, interactive lenses, emojis, and bitmojis, Snapchat has given its audience ways to share their stories in more creative ways, day by day. The more personal and unique, the better! And now it’s time to learn the secret to sharing cinemagraphs on Snapchat. This will definitely step up your Snapchat game.
How to Share Cinemagraphs on Snapchat
Recently Snapchat introduced the option to make snaps infinite, meaning they will continue to play over and over until the viewer taps out. This makes it perfect for sharing and viewing cinemagraphs! Watch this quick Snapchat tutorial as I walk you through the steps on how to perfectly share your cinemagraphs on Snapchat using their new auto-looping feature and Memories.
Tip: Before you get started, make sure to turn Snapchat ‘on’ in your Social Share settings on your iOS device. See below:
Follow these steps to share your cinemagraphs on Snapchat
- Create a vertical cinemagraph using Flixel Cinemagraph Pro on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Export.
- Under Repetitions, select Snapchat. Your cinemagraph needs to be under 10 seconds in order to loop on Snapchat.
- Tap on Share, and then select Snapchat.
- Snapchat will open. Swipe down to your settings, and select Memories.
- Tap the Import Snaps from Camera Roll option.
- Tap on your cinemagraph to select it, then Import.
- Once you’ve done that, return to the Snap camera and tap on Memories.
- Select your cinemagraph. Add text, emojis – edit it however you’d like. Make sure to tap on No Limit on the timer so that your cinemagraph auto plays and auto loops.
- Share it to your Stories so that you can mesmerize your followers instantly.
Brands Using Cinemagraphs on Snapchat
Tons of brands are using the power of Snapchat to reach their audiences in refreshing ways. Take Toronto startup inkbox, the creators of the world’s first 2 week temporary tattoo. inkbox was searching for a way to use cinemagraphs in more than just their Facebook Advertising, so, they tried them out on Snapchat!
Check out the video below to see how Toronto startup inkbox uses cinemagraphs to stand out on Snapchat in an entirely new way.