Flixel Photos, a visual storytelling company that enables content creators to produce cinemagraphs, partnered with the Television Academy to bring photos from this year’s Emmy Awards to life. Flixel created a series of 13 living photos leading up to the awards, including Flixels of this year’s host Andy Samberg as well as photos from past events. The team also created cinemagraphs at the Creative Arts Emmys and was backstage at the Emmy Awards telecast on September 20, 2015, creating cinemagraphs with this year’s winners and presenters at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
“The custom cinemagraphs we created with the Flixel team show that beautiful mix of natural performance and technical expertise that the Emmys is all about,” said Television Academy Social Media Manager, Margo Rowder. “This take on art photography is on the verge of transforming marketing content – and photography itself.”
Flixel created custom cinemagraphs for the Emmys and provided access to creative content including:
- Leading up to the 67th Emmys: Flixel Studios produced a captivating series of cinemagraphs from past Emmy Awards that the Television Academy used to promote the Emmys telecast on social media. The full series of cinemagraphs are available to view on their social media feeds including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Vine.
- 2015 Creative Arts Emmy Awards: Flixel Studios created a series of cinemagraphs with winners and presenters at the Creative Arts Emmys, which were shared on social media during the Saturday 9/19 broadcasts on FXX.
- 67th Emmy Awards: Top celebrity photographer Michael Grecco was shooting live, and from backstage at the Emmy Awards, the Flixel Studio team created real-time cinemagraphs of winners and presenters for a social media push by the Television Academy.
Cinemagraphs were created and shared for the following Emmy winners:
- Game of Thrones, Outstanding Drama Series
- Jon Hamm, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
- Viola Davis, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
- Peter Dinklage, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Jeffrey Tambor, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
- Tony Hale, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Allison Janney, Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
- Regina King, Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie
- Jon Stewart, Outstanding Writing, Variety Series
- Amy Schumer, Outstanding Variety Sketch Series
- Jill Soloway, Outstanding Directing, Comedy Series
- Uzo Aduba, Outstanding Supporting Actress, Drama Series
- Bradley Whitford, Outstanding Guest Actor, Comedy Series
“Cinemagraphs have changed the digital photography landscape, and Flixel has democratized who can create living photos,” said Chief Marketing Officer, Flixel Photos, Robert Lendvai. “Everyone from an individual photographer to the Television Academy can leverage cinemagraphs to create more beautiful, interactive art, and engage consumers with magical living photos.”
The Flixel suite of professional tools help videographers, photographers, and marketers create their own cinemagraphs which can be used in ads or anywhere online. The company’s product lineup includes Cinemagraph Pro for Mac, Cinemagraph Pro for iOS, and the Persecond time-lapse video application, all of which are available for one-time purchase or as a subscription service. Cinemagraph Pro for Mac was a 2014 Apple Design Award Winner and Best of 2014 app.
Flixel also has an in-house production group called Flixel Studios that creates custom cinemagraphs for partners like the Emmy Awards who are looking to add an interactive element to their marketing campaigns. Flixel Studios has worked with leading brands on cinemagraph and micro-video campaigns including Facebook, Instagram, A&E, Panasonic, Turner, and several others. Flixel has attracted interest from prominent celebrities, and has investors including supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks.
Social media links: